I work as a SysAdmin / OpsEngineer / CloudArchitect for a large construction company in Austria.
- Graduate from HTL Villach - Informatics & Management in 2003
- During my work I went to a lot of technical and organizational classes & also got the chance to share my knowledge/skills internally
Over 15 years working in a small team of a central operating (hosting) department, mainly focused on web technologies & automating all parts around it.
I am also a co-organisator of Docker meetups for our Docker South Austria meetup group, where I also gave a Docker 101 workshop. And I’m very happy that i got the chance to attend the DockerCon EU 2017 (in Copenhagen) & 2018 (in Barcelona).
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenVZ
- Configuration Management
- Puppet CE (including Foreman for visualization), Ansible
- Web Technologies
- Apache httpd, Apache tomcat, nginx
- Bash, Perl, Python, Go
- Operating Systems
- Linux, mainly Ubuntu & Debian
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery & Deployment with GitLab
- Cloud Technologies
- Amazon AWS
- Managing SSL certificates
- Let’s encrypt (certbot), GoDaddy, AWS Certificate Manager
- Zabbix, Grafana/Prometheus/Alertmanager
- RSync, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Other tools to mention which I need/use regularly
- Git, VSCode, Hugo, MediaWiki, VMWare, ElasticSearch/Kibana, CoreDNS, etcd,…